For a person who has a crafting hobby, a vinyl cutter must sound familiar to you. This machine is really beneficial, since you can use it to cut many different images in different kind of fabrics, which usually done manually and taking lots of time. It the process is also hard, because you have to focused and precise with your work. But now technology has made life simpler, in this article we will introduce you to two of vinyl cutting machine. They are Cricut Maker and Silhouette Cameo 3.
In this article we will give you information about:
– What is Cricut Maker and Silhouette Cameo 3
– What Cricut Maker and Silhouette Cameo 3 can offer to you
– Cricut Maker vs Silhouette Cameo 3
About Cricut Maker
Cricut maker is a vinyl cutter that is incredibly versatile, it can be used to cut many kind of material, better than Cricut previous products, the Cricut Explore. What is new in Cricut Maker is the rotary blade, this blade able to cut those sewing patterns for many crafters out there who wish to work with fabrics. The blade in Cricut Maker can cut the fabric without tearing or fraying it. For those who want to cut thicker materials, this blade can slice through material that have up to 2.4mm thickness. Read our other article on Cricut Maker vs. Explore Air 2.
The Cricut Maker is categorized as an electronic cutting machine. The unit comes with a software that you can use to create images, you can draw the image and then let the machine cut the design. You can use many material with this cutter, they claims that this machine can cut up over 100 type of materials. The main feature of this machine is that it has the ability to cut fabrics that has a thickness up to 2.4mm with it knife blade.
Cricut Maker Features
In this article we will list some of Cricut Maker features:
• The rotary blade, this is the key feature of Cricut Maker, this blade was designed to be able to cut any type of fabric, without using any backing, spray starch or Terial Magic. This blade will be able to handle a wide variety of material start from stiff denim to fine silk. It can cut right angles or curves, and straight line without tearing or snagging.
• The adaptable tool system, this tool is used to adjust the direction of the blade as well as the material that you are going to cut, you don’t have to set it manually, it can detect the type of fabric and choose the best setting to be used.
• Two tool capacity, it means that you can keep two tool locked at once, so you can switch between your preferred tools with ease.
• Sewing pattern library, Cricut work together with Simplicity patterns and Riley Blake Designs to offer you many ready to make projects that comes free with Cricut Maker.
About Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Cameo 3 is similar to Cricut Maker, it is an electronic cutting machine. It has a very compact design and in a glance you might mistake them from a printer. This cutting machine also comes with a software that will help you to create images and then can be cut out with the fabric cutter in the kind of fabric you want.
Silhouette Cameo 3 Features
Taken from its homepage, here is some Silhouette Cameo 3 Features:
• Dual carriages, this is an incredible feature, with this you can draw and cut your design at the same time. The great upgrade this machine over its older version is to push a locking mechanism to be more secure.
• Print and cut, other amazing feature this machine has is the print and cut feature. This feature allow the studio software to send an image to your printer to be printed. While the image is printing you will notice the little registration marks at the corner. After the image is printed, you can add it to the printer and the machine will detect the pattern and cut the printed image in your fabric.
• PixScan technology, this feature is similar to print and cut, but here you will use the PixScan cutting mat. The way to use it is by placing your image on the mat and take its picture using your smartphones and upload it to the design studio. In the studio you will be able to trace lines and then select and cut the design.
• Choice of three blades, in this machine you will get a standard blade to cut thin to medium thick materials, deep cut blade to cut thicker materials, and a new blade that will automatically adjust its depth depends on the material you used.
• Bluetooth, it is a great upgrade from its predecessor, now you can connect the machine via Bluetooth without a cord, so you can separate your desk with your machine.
Cricut Maker vs. Silhouette Cameo 3
As it have been stated above, it is pretty clear who is the winner between both of them, Silhouette Cameo 3 is built with more feature compare to Cricut Maker, one of their difference is the Bluetooth connectivity, which is not available in Cricut Maker. This feature will be very convenient since you don’t have to put your working PC or laptop in the same place as your vinyl cutter, to optimize your working desk.